Disembodied Animal Head Theatre

Bringing the arts and culture back to the internet in a dignified fashion.

Monday, April 03, 2006


A Special Note from Your Host . . .

Ho, Netizens!

It appears that my rather lengthy introduction to Mr. Piazza's well-rehearsed performance of Hamlet's famous soliloquy from Act III Scene i prevented said artist from fully sharing his craft. As a result, I understand that the ensemble has staged a "walk-out" (how do disembodied heads walk?) until such a time as I tender an apology for my verbosity.

I am bound by my sacred honor to maintain integrity in the face of this "labor dispute" and refuse to coddle over-sensitive artist-types who have fallen to pieces on the nonce. Hopefully the majority of the cast will rally to the side of the true victim in this matter, namely me.

Meantimes, yours truly has been combing the City of Angels for a performer willing to cross the picket line, as it were, and satisfy the Shakespearean desires of the literally thousands of arts and culture fanatics who have found their way to this corner of the internet in the past few weeks.

I do apologize to you, the viewers, for this disruption in service.

"If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended: That you have but slumbered here . . . " (but then, I'm certain you know the rest!)

Excelsior!

-- Tex

2 Comments:

Blogger Sierra Rein said...

Dear Sir,

I would like to commend you on your excellent dissection of the many integral layers of "Hamlet" and their socioeconomic relevance to today. I am sure those pesky actors of yours will recognize their folly and will return to your stage, eventually realizing that their place is on the stage, speaking the Bard's immortal words, and not sitting on their butts, collecting residual checks and eating Chocodiles. Lazy bastards.

Great show this time, old boy. Please keep up ye good work!

6:00 PM  
Blogger thepete said...

I second the sentiment of the nice woman! Here-here! (Or is it hear-hear?) Keep going with this!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home