Disembodied Animal Head Theatre

Bringing the arts and culture back to the internet in a dignified fashion.

Thursday, November 16, 2006


Ho, Netizens!

I do hope you are having a wonderful autumn thus far! The mood around the new studio facility is upbeat to say the least! Season Two of "Disembodied Animal Head Theatre" is right around the corner, and the ensemble has been rehearsing madly the upcoming selections from the Bard's oeuvre. (It looks like our first outing will be "The Taming of the Shrew," but you didn't hear that from me!)

I am also in negotiations with Mr. Phillip Horne to embark upon a journal parallel to the journey currently underway (or perhaps perpendicular. Well, certainly at no less than an acute angle to the journey currently underway.) The idea is "Tex Presents: Wyrd Shakespeare!" in which I host clips of strange deviations of the Bard's work from around this green-blue cosmic marble we call home, and conduct interviews with those who dare stretch the contents of the Folio beyond convention. This concept would depend heavily upon you, the fans of this modest undertaking, to help ferret out "wyrd" (i.e. "weird") Shakespeare wherever it may be.

There is another bit of assistance I shall require from you, fans and friends of this foray into flairful framings of fantastic feats of Shakespeare's facile faculties! Consider this a poll, if you wish. I seek the vigorous viewpoints you, the audience, have to offer.

And so the question on the table is thus: Should I replace my red bow tie with an ascot? I look quite dashing in am ascot, very elegant. Of course, the red bow tie is a bit of a trademark, I suppose. So what is it to be? Bow tie or ascot? You be the judge. I put the fate of my neck in your hands. (Please don't choke me!)

Finally, our shiftless DVD designer is taking his sweet time in producing our "Disembodied Animal Head Theatre - season one" disc. Hopefully it will be available in time for the holidays. Of course, I am referring here to "Easter."

That's all for now! If you haven't already, please enjoy "Tex: In Studio" from a couple of posts back! And until we meet again ...

EXCELSIOR!

-- Tex

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Moore said...

Stick with the bowtie. It's your signature look, even in the Dracula get-up.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Garrick said...

Definitely bowtie. It is classic and understated.

And this vote is way late.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home