Disembodied Animal Head Theatre

Bringing the arts and culture back to the internet in a dignified fashion.

Friday, June 01, 2007

RE-RUNS!

Ho, Netizens!

Before we delight you with the next installment of Season Two, let's take a look back at the second episode of Season One:



It has been pointed out to me that Ophelia and Hamlet are not actually brother and sister. To those unctuous would-be scholars of the bard who dare correct my interpretation, I say get bent, thou froward crook-pated nut-hooks!

Laertes is clearly not a blood relation. Examine the difference of diction and syllabic distribution along the meter. Subtle, but it does the trick! And examine this passage:

Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine,
Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads.
And recks not his own rede.

- Ophelia, from Act I sc 3

Clearly these are the words of a sister spoken to her brother! Good God! Do I have to write a dissertation on the subject?

Excelsior!

-- Tex

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I saw you were from Hotsprings , I googled my cousin chris meeks and found you knew him, we lost contact and i would like to get ahold of him or his mom or sister brandy (getting married in july) If you have an email or anything that would be great mine is jimswood4@yahoo.com

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home